Saturday, April 23, 2011

Assorted Ramblings

This time is going to be a hodge-podge of thoughts that have struck me lately.

What about this weather folks?  I was able to get out to an outdoor event in Temple Hill, KY for a while, a benefit pull for Relay for Life.  I bugged out though after a call from my wife giving me a blow by blow account of some rotation headed in our general direction.  Of course, with my luck, it pretty much died out;  I haven't heard yet but its safe to say they got most of the event in.  I am ready for a little dry weather for sure, as would many of you who dont like the thought of planting corn deep into May.

The newest magazine mailed yesterday (Friday the 22nd), and I hope everyone enjoys it.  Getting this one out of the way, for whatever reason, has helped me open up my schedule to get some things done that have been left undone.  Website updates, processing of video, plus a wholesale organization of 18 years worth of back issues that need cataloging.  I plan on adding more stuff to the tech portion of the website, there is a wealth of stuff I wish to share with those who have internet access as much of it is as relevant today as it was the day it was published.

Another thing crossing my mind is where in the world Im going to be this summer!  Even with the prospect of high fuel prices, I will be making every effort to get out to as many events as I can.  My focus will be those events I've directed this magazine towards, antique, classic, state and regional pulling.  YES I will be attending some NTPA and PPL events this summer, but that number has been cut back and in the case of the NTPA events that coverage will be for the NTPA's in-house magazine, The Puller.  I'll post my schedule soon;  if anyone sees a date open and would like for me to attend their event, let me know. Im also game for weeknight events, just give me a shout!  If I can't make it, by all means send me your information, results, and photos.   I want them!!  If your club/state/region hasnt been represented in the magazine lately, send it in!  My goal is to cover as much pulling as time and space allows in each issue from now on.  Bottom line is that I want this magazine to be what it was when it was at it's peak, and even better, but I need all the help I can get to make that a possibility!

Last thing for today-
I want to wish every one a Happy, Safe, and Blessed Easter.  I count myself as a very blessed person, and without getting preachy I hope we all make sure to examine this past week for it's original meaning, not the madness I witnessed in the Easter candy aisle at Wal Mart tonight.  My thoughts are towards the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus and its importance to me, and I hope you join me in a similar train of thought.

Thanks for reading, next time Im gonna discuss some stuff that I get asked all the time.  Especially that most frequent of questions, "How do I get on the cover????"  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment